The position will be working with the sales force to increase the sales of solenoid valves, injectors, and the MixRite proportioning pumps in the industrial and agricultural marketplace. This includes growing the DEMA companies’ established markets and identifying new markets and applications to enter. Marketing aspects of the job include catalogs, promotional literature, cross-referencing, product updates, trade shows, and prospecting new leads for the sales force.
Education, Training, Skills and Licenses Required
- Technical knowledge of industrial products and systems (electrical, pressure, flow rates, sizing)
- Bachelor in Science in Engineering Preferred
- Application and product knowledge of solenoid valves, injectors, and the Mix-Rite a plus
- 3 – 5 years of sales experience in a B2B industry
- Experience with OEM concentrated markets, distribution, and aftermarket sales
- Experience in scheduling, traveling, marketing, and product development
- Applications, schematics, and technical data on products
- Good computer skills, including PowerPoint
- Fluent in all Microsoft applications
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Developing key customer contacts and rapport
- Technical service for sales and customer service on industrial issues
- Introducing new products to the field
- Coordinating new product concepts and requirements with Engineering
- Communicating industry trends, competition, product problems, customer issues, and sales issues to DEMA management and Engineering
- Focusing the sales force on developing the industrial sales in their territories by making joint sales calls and supplying competitive information for DEMA
- Travel around the US and Canada with other sales professionals to build up the sales of industrial products for DEMA companies. Travel will be at least 30%.
- Good attendance is required for this position
- Record keeping
- Report writing
- Trade shows
- Computer, calculator, phone, fax & copier machine, and hand tools
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment. Some travel is required (airplane setting).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close, distant, peripheral depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee is required to travel, which includes sitting, walking, standing, lifting, and flying.
DEMA Engineering Co., Gerald Industries, Inc., and Viking LLC, A DEMA Co. are reaffirming that they support a policy of non-discrimination for all employees and applicants for employment. All aspects of employment with these companies will be governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, religion, sex, age, national origin, handicap, veteran status, or genetic information.
It is the policy of DEMA Engineering Co., Gerald Industries, Inc., and Viking LLC, A DEMA Co. that all employees should enjoy a work environment free from discrimination, including any form of harassment. Should you have any questions regarding this statement see Human Resources.
Please send your resume with cover letter using the form below.