This position is responsible for overseeing the production of automation equipment and tooling. Employee may also oversee the repair and new construction of equipment to support manufacturing.
Education, Training, Skills and Licenses Required
- Technical degree
- 1+ years’ experience in maintenance/manufacturing problem solving
- Mechanical/machine background
- Tool designing abilities
- Electrical design skillset
- Knowledge of PLC and Controls
- Ability to interact with all levels of the company
- Ability to read and create/draw blueprints
- PC skills – fluent in Microsoft Office
- Ability to manage other people
- Supervise daily activities of hourly employees
- Plan and prioritize job schedule
- Order materials for jobs
- Design machines and fixtures
- Coordinate meetings for design reviews cost justification and equipment signoff
- Good attendance is required for this position
- Clerical/data entry
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
- Computer, phone, printer, copier & fax machine, welder, lathe, Bridgeport, grinders, shovel, mop, and other hand tools
This job operates in a professional office/lab environment and manufacturing/assembly environment. Office area consists of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines. Lab environment consists of hand tools, meters, oscilloscope, workbenches, testing machines, and other generic testing equipment. Manufacturing/assembly environment includes no air conditioning and loud machine noises. Occasionally oil and coolant are present in the air. Employee is required to wear safety glasses. Some travel may be required (automobile and airplane setting).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand for long periods at a time; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close, distant, peripheral depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
DEMA Engineering Co., Gerald Industries, Inc., and Viking LLC, A DEMA Co. are reaffirming that they support a policy of non-discrimination for all employees and applicants for employment. All aspects of employment with these companies will be governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, religion, sex, age, national origin, handicap, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.
It is the policy of DEMA Engineering Co., Gerald Industries, Inc., and Viking LLC, A DEMA Co. that all employees should enjoy a work environment free from discrimination, including any form of harassment.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision benefits
- Short and long term life insurance
- 401(K) with company contribution
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fitness center
- Wellness programs
- Walking distance to Grants Trail
- and much, much more!
Please send your resume with cover letter using the form below.