Responsible for fulfilling the role as Quality Engineer for refrigeration solenoid valve manufacturer; this is a hands-on position. Ensure the quality of parts produced meet all customer expectations; quickly and effectively take action when non-conformances are found; maintain the most recent interpretations of the quality system requirements and therefore ensure that documented practices meet the true interpretation of the QMS standards.
Education, Training, Skills and Licenses Required
- BS degree in Mechanical, Industrial or Quality Engineering
- 3-5 year’s experience in manufacturing environment as Quality representative, or other technical area
- Exceptional mechanical aptitude (i.e. intuitive understanding of mechanical processes)
- Fluent in Microsoft Office, Mini-Tab or QI Macros applications
- Technical report writing skills
- Collaborate with customers’ quality and engineering personnel to determine critical part features and review manufacturing requirements.
- Drives sustainable KPI improvements with PDCA methodology, specifically, safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Provide engineering support to Operations ensuring consistent application of quality techniques:
- Resolve quality issues of capability, tolerancing, and materials related issues.
- Resolve quality issues by identifying problems, examining solution options, implementing action plans, and providing resources.
- Effectively communicate and reinforce commitment to quality efforts.
- Develop and submit PPAP documents for new product launches.
- Participate in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) activities to determine appropriate use of Quality Function Deployment (QFD) to ensure accurate determination of the voice of customer.
- Coordinate pre-launch production trials and run process monitoring.
- Participate in Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) and maintain them.
- Facilitate and promote use of appropriate problem solving techniques for effective root cause analysis and successful corrective action.
- Coordinate with Sales, Purchasing, Engineering, Production and Tool room to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
- Apply appropriate use of statistical techniques
- Perform measurement system analysis using ANOVA based methodology.
- Leading Lean activities using 8D, DMAIC, SPC, Process Capability, DOE, etc.
- Advocate as the “voice of the customer” demanding highest possible quality expectations from production and operations group.
- Focus is to be largely proactive and not reactive.
- Align continuous improvement objectives with corporate and site metrics and objectives as they pertain to strategic direction.
- Computer, CMM, Vision systems, Comparators, Quality hand tools, Microsoft Office Products.
This job operates in a professional office/lab environment and manufacturing/assembly environment. Office area consists of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Lab environment consists of hand tools, meters, oscilloscope, work benches, testing machines and other generic testing equipment. Manufacturing/assembly environment includes no air conditioning and loud machine noises. Occasionally oil and coolant is present in the air. Employee is required to wear safety glasses. Some regional travel required (car setting).
The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities include close, distant, peripheral depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
DEMA Engineering Co., Gerald Industries, Inc., and Viking LLC, A DEMA Co. are reaffirming that they support a policy of non-discrimination for all employees and applicants for employment. All aspects of employment with these companies will be governed on the basis of merit, competence, and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, religion, sex, age, national origin, handicap, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.
It is the policy of DEMA Engineering Co., Gerald Industries, Inc., and Viking LLC, A DEMA Co. that all employees should enjoy a work environment free from discrimination, including any form of harassment.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision benefits
- Short and long term life insurance
- 401(K) with company contribution
- Paid holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
- Fitness center
- Wellness programs
- Walking distance to Grants Trail
- and much, much more!
Please send your resume with cover letter using the form below.