$500 Sign on and Retention Bonus Opportunity!
DEMA Engineering Co. has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Tool Room Machinist to join our Operations’ Team located in Kirkwood, MO. This position will be responsible for applying advanced knowledge of tool and die design and construction; shop mathematics; metal properties; as well as layout, machining, and assembly procedures to fabricate components to build and repair automation equipment. At DEMA, we are committed to investing in talented, hardworking, team-oriented individuals who are passionate for growth. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you cannot only grow but make an impact. If you are a self-motivated, team player with tooling experience, we would like to talk to you.
DEMA Engineering Co. has an excellent opportunity for a Human Resources Representative to join our Gerald Industries Division located in Gerald, MO. Our Human Resources Representative will be responsible for specialized administrative tasks including hiring practices, benefit plan management, file maintenance, HRIS entry, and report generation. Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, resourceful, and adaptable, able to work independently within a team focused environment.
- Analyze specifications such as blueprints, sketches, models, or descriptions, and visualize products
- Develop specifications from general descriptions and make drawings or sketches
- Compute dimensions and plan layout and assembly operations
- Work with precision measuring equipment to develop components within tolerance
- Examine standard or previously used tools, dies, and equipment repair parts, modify and build as appropriate
- Repair, replace, adjust, and align machinery and equipment components, using basic power and hand tools, specialized tools, welding torches, lifts, and hoists
- Set up and operate machine tools (e.g., lathe, milling machine, grinder, hand tools) to machine parts
- Test machines after repair to ensure proper machine or equipment operation.
- Perform a wide variety of duties to fabricate, repair, and maintain all dies and fixtures, and any other special tool equipment
- Work from simple drawings to complicated designs or samples and recommend design changes and improvements when necessary
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with company procedures, rules, and regulations
- Perform Lock Out/Tag Out, hazardous materials, and safety procedures as needed
Key Position Requirements:
- Four years’ experience as a Tool Room Machinist or a Journeyman
- Mathematical aptitude and strong math skills including geometry, algebra, and trigonometry
- Mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of machines, tools, screws, threads, and tapers, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance
- Production and processing aptitude including knowledge of raw materials, production processes, and quality control
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, complicated drawings, and specifications
- Critical thinking skills in order to detect issues in the creation process and find solutions to ensure the machinery creates the product provided in the draft
- Familiarity with working properties of metals, alloys, and tool steels and demonstrated ability to fabricate sheet metal, mig-weld, and braze
- Capable of designing jigs, form tools, and small fixtures
- Capable of holding precise dimensions with a close tolerance
- Capable of indicating in spindle heads, and aligning components
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and adaptable; able to work independently within a team focused environment
- Experience with hydraulic, pneumatic, and electronically controlled equipment is a plus but not required
- Knowledge of CNC programming is a plus but not required
- Tig welding and welding cast-iron is a plus but not required
This job can be physically demanding, with time on your feet and time spent in awkward positions, picking up heavy tools, and moving large pieces of equipment. Environmental conditions commonly associated with this job include loud noises from machinery, handling chemicals, heat, and humidity.
- Paid time off
- Insurance (including Medical, Dental, Life, STD, and more)
- 401k with Company contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness programs
- Desirable location within walking distance of Grant’s Trail
DEMA is a world leader in the development of proportioning chemical dispensers and fluid control products. Established in 1956 with headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, DEMA has grown to include manufacturing and warehouse facilities in Missouri, Zeewolde Netherlands, and Sydney Australia. Embracing our heritage, DEMA remains owned by the Deutsch family, with active 3rd and 4th generation family members leading the company. DEMA’s chemical dispensing products are used to safely and accurately blend chemicals and water for a variety of applications, including housekeeping, food service, food processing, dish wash, laundry, and car wash. DEMA’s range of solenoid valves are used in many industries, including car wash, beverage and chemical dispensing, agriculture, misting, reverse osmosis, and high-pressure cleaning machines.
DEMA Engineering Co., is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer