Are you in search of an opportunity to advance your career in Human Resources?
DEMA Engineering Co. has an excellent opportunity for a Human Resources Representative to join our Gerald Industries Division located in Gerald, MO. Our Human Resources Representative will be responsible for specialized administrative tasks including hiring practices, benefit plan management, file maintenance, HRIS entry, and report generation. Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, resourceful, and adaptable, able to work independently within a team focused environment.
DEMA Engineering Co. is an ever-growing company grounded in a culture that fosters creativity, inclusiveness, and empowerment. By joining the DEMA Team, you will experience world-class systems in support of our state-of-the-art manufacturing operations. You will collaborate with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you cannot only grow but make an impact.
At DEMA, we are committed to investing in talented, hardworking, team-oriented individuals who are passionate about growth. We invite you to join the DEMA family where our employees feel a sense of belonging and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. If you are a professional dedicated to quality and looking for an organization worthy of the same dedication, we would like to talk to you.
This position will report to the Vice President of Operations.
- Administer and explain human resource policies, procedures, practices, laws, standards, and regulations in accordance with stated company objectives and federal and state requirements
- Administer and maintain employment records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, and promotions using human resource management system software
- Coordinate and/or conduct employee-relations activities and programs including but not limited to employee counseling, new employee orientation, and employee recognition and engagement programs
- Respond to inquiries regarding the organization’s processes, policies, procedures, and programs
- Assist with the administration of employee benefit programs including but not limited to health insurance, long-term disability insurance, life insurance, COBRA, and FMLA
- Respond to employee’s benefit questions, resolve problems regarding access to or payment of benefits, orient newly eligible employees, and process enrollment forms and change requests
- Support recruitment and staffing needs including performing interviews, reference checks, and providing management with hiring recommendations
- Coordinate hiring, termination, and status change processes, including but not limited to issuing job confirmation letters, processing background checks and testing, termination letters, and corresponding internal communication and related documentation
- Assist with payroll-related functions and timekeeping procedures
- Assist with record audits and mandatory reports, which may include I-9 audits, EEO-1 filings, payroll audits, and other compliance reviews
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university (preferred), or three to five years of related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and follow established policies, procedures, HR laws, and regulations
- Strong cooperation, collaboration, and communication skills including the ability to actively listen, and communicate information clearly, professionally, and effectively in person, on the phone, electronically, or through other means to individuals or groups
- Excellent organizational, planning, and prioritization skills with a proven ability to balance multiple projects at a time
- Exceptional attention to detail, integrity, and dependability skills
- Ability to prepare documents, reports, and business correspondence
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Proficient data entry and computer skills including Microsoft 365 software; advanced Excel skills preferred
- HRIS software, HR certifications, and payroll processing experience preferred
- Paid time off
- Insurance (including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD, and more)
- 401k with company contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness programs
DEMA is a world leader in the development of proportioning chemical dispensers and fluid control products. Established in 1956 with headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, DEMA has grown to include manufacturing and warehouse facilities in Missouri, Zeewolde Netherlands, and Sydney Australia. Embracing our heritage, DEMA remains owned by the Deutsch family, with active 3rd and 4th generation family members leading the company. DEMA’s chemical dispensing products are used to safely and accurately blend chemicals and water for a variety of applications, including housekeeping, food service, food processing, dish wash, laundry, and car wash. DEMA’s range of solenoid valves are used in many industries, including car wash, beverage and chemical dispensing, agriculture, misting, reverse osmosis, and high-pressure cleaning machines.
DEMA Engineering Co. is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer