Are you in search of an opportunity to advance your career within Customer Service?
DEMA Engineering Co. has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Customer Service Representative to join our Sales and Marketing Team at our world headquarters located in Kirkwood, MO. As our Customer Service Representative, you will be responsible for interacting with our customers to provide information in response to inquiries about products and services and to handle and resolve concerns. You will get to know our product line and become an expert at advising customers. Our ideal candidate will be an exceptional brand ambassador, able to connect with each customer in a meaningful way, personalizing the process to focus on the customer experience and drive overall customer satisfaction.
Dema Engineering Co. is an ever-growing company grounded in a culture that fosters creativity, inclusiveness, and empowerment. By joining the DEMA Team, you will work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you cannot only grow, but also make an impact.
At DEMA, we understand our culture, our people, and the advancement of both make all the difference. We are committed to investing in talented, hardworking, team-oriented individuals who are passionate for growth. If you are a Customer Service professional ready to be inspired by our leaders, encouraged by your teammates, and supported throughout your career, we would like to talk to you.
This position will report to the Manager of Customer Service.
- Answer incoming customer inquiries regarding pricing, availability, products, shipments, and general client concerns
- Provide customers information about products and services
- Ensure customer satisfaction and provide professional customer support
- Take, enter, and process orders, returns, forms, applications, and requests
- Prepare international paperwork for export shipments
- Establish and maintain records of customer accounts, interactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken through updating CRM database
- Proactively follow up on customer orders to ensure delivery by specified dates
- Interface directly with internal departments to inform, resolve issues, and provide solutions for customer requests
- Assist with general office duties including mail processing, mail delivery, and printing sales literature
- Maintain a strong understanding of company customer service policies and product knowledge
- Associate’s Degree (AA) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school (preferred), three plus years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience working with customer support
- General knowledge of order entry, tracking, shipping, and lead time procedures
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and follow established policies and procedures
- Ability to deal effectively with a diverse set of individuals at all organizational levels
- Strong verbal, written, and grammatical skills including using tone to maximize the customer experience
- Capacity to troubleshoot and correct problems in high-pressure situations
- Detail oriented and highly organized with the ability to prioritize duties and responsibilities
- Concern for others attitude that fosters teamwork, positive thinking, flexibility, and continuous improvement
- Technical aptitude including the ability to comprehend complicated manuals and drawings, experience with technical products preferred
- Proficient data entry and computer skills including Microsoft 365 software; advanced Word and Excel skills preferred
- MRP, ERP and CRM software experience preferred; Epicor ERP experience a major plus
- Mechanical aptitude a plus
- Paid time off
- Insurance (including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD and more)
- 401k with profit share and company contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible summer hours
- Fitness center
- Wellness programs
- Desirable location, walking distance to Grant’s Trail
DEMA is a world leader in the development of proportioning chemical dispensers and fluid control products. Established in 1956 with headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, DEMA has grown to include manufacturing and warehouse facilities in Missouri, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Zeewolde Netherlands, and Sydney Australia. Embracing our heritage, DEMA remains owned by the Deutsch family, with active 3rd and 4th generation family members leading the company. DEMA’s chemical dispensing products are used to safely and accurately blend chemicals and water for a variety of applications, including housekeeping, food service, food processing, dish wash, laundry, and car wash. DEMA’s range of solenoid valves are used in many industries, including car wash, beverage and chemical dispensing, agriculture, misting, reverse osmosis, and high-pressure cleaning machines.
DEMA Engineering Co., is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer