$500 Sign on and Retention Bonus Opportunity!
DEMA Engineering Co. has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Worker to join our Operations Team located in Kirkwood, MO. This position will be responsible for inspecting different equipment and performing basic repairs and preventative maintenance to help keep our facility in good operating condition.
By joining the DEMA Team, you will gain access to state-of-the-art machining and manufacturing operations. At DEMA, we understand our culture and our people and the advancement of both make all the difference. We are committed to investing in talented, hardworking, team-oriented individuals who are passionate for growth. If you are a self-motivated team player with maintenance experience, we would like to talk to you.
- Conduct routine inspections of premises and equipment.
- Diagnose mechanical issues and correct them accordingly.
- Perform preventative maintenance.
- Handle basic repairs and maintenance including plumbing installations, electrical work (120/240-volt single phase), troubleshooting 120-volt receptacles, ballasts, conduit, light, etc., machine pneumatics, hydraulics, and lubrication circuits.
- Repair machines, equipment, or structures as necessary including assisting Tool Room Machinist, Electrical Maintenance Tech, or Mechanic to perform more extensive electrical and machine maintenance, installation, and repair.
- Perform various types of welding, brazing, and soldering for maintenance and fabrication purposes.
- Perform everyday maintenance operations, building and ground maintenance including, but not limited to, mowing, raking leaves and snow removal, operating small power tools such as hand tools, saws, and drills, use a cutting torch, hang pipe, operating a forklift and assisting other maintenance employees with general maintenance work.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with company procedures, rules, and regulations.
Key Position Requirements:
- Proven maintenance experience
- High school diploma or GED required, related degree from technical school preferred
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective parts
- Ability to check blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs as necessary
- Ability to use common tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches
- Experience with precision measuring instruments or electronic testing devices
- Experience performing routine maintenance
- Strong organizational, time management, and follow-up skills
- Eye for detail and critical thinking skills
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and adaptable; able to work independently within a team-focused environment
- Tig welding and welding cast-iron are a plus but not required.
- A strong electrical background preferred
- Paid time off
- Insurance (including Medical, Dental, Life, STD, and more)
- 401k with Company contribution
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness programs
- Desirable location within walking distance of Grant’s Trail
DEMA is a world leader in the development of proportioning chemical dispensers and fluid control products. Established in 1956 with headquarters in St. Louis, Missouri, DEMA has grown to include manufacturing and warehouse facilities in Missouri, Zeewolde Netherlands, and Sydney Australia. Embracing our heritage, DEMA remains owned by the Deutsch family, with active 3rd and 4th generation family members leading the company. DEMA’s chemical dispensing products are used to safely and accurately blend chemicals and water for a variety of applications, including housekeeping, food service, food processing, dish wash, laundry, and car wash. DEMA’s range of solenoid valves are used in many industries, including car wash, beverage and chemical dispensing, agriculture, misting, reverse osmosis, and high-pressure cleaning machines.
DEMA Engineering Co., is committed to a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer